24.9.13

Review ● Elizabeth Duke of Bond Street Nail Cuticle Conditioner


The Mystery Carer

This has been in my collection for a while now, and I’ve never really given it the time of day, but after giving my hands an intense rehabilitation a month or two ago I have really fallen hard for Elizabeth duke! I’ve been browsing the web to find more on this “nail brand”, but I have not been able to find a crumb, which is a shame and slightly odd if I must say!

I’m not one for all these fancy dancy nail oils, creams and what knots! I honestly like to keep it simple with nail polish and nail polish remover…however, as I said my nails were beginning to look a bit shabby and they needed some TLC!

It appears to be quite a milky and runny formula in the bottle, but when you apply it to your nails, I found it was a lot thicker then I apprehended and it didn’t drip and get all messy. I absolutely hate the smell of this; I don’t even know what it is…I think it smells like milky toffee or sour shortbread…bit vague! Despite this, after a few hand washes the smell deteriorates and the pungent tang is not so distracting.

I’ve been using this for a month or so now, kind of on an off/on basis as I don’t feel like I have to use it every day. As for doing its job, I would give it an A* it seems to be nourishing my nails and cuticles splendidly. For format though I would give it D, it really bugs me that it’s in a nail polish type setting, I feel it would be a lot more convenient if its in a brush/stick packaging, but hey ho!

Thank you for reading my lovelies & you if you ever find out about this brand please let me know!

What’s your current Nail favourite?

2 comments:

  1. I envy your nails so bad! They look so lovely and long. I had gel nails/acrylics for almost 6 months straight and they're so brittle and thin now :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, thanks!
      Everyone wants what they haven't got don't they haha! I want acrylics so bad :)

      Delete

Please feel free to comment...