25.10.13

Style Would #1

Timeless Stripes
Long live the stripe! Stripes hold the record for being one of the most timeless items that anyone can pull off, without second thought. Personally I love stripes, they hold the reputation of being the most elegant & classic pieces I have in my wardrobe, yet throw them with a pair of jeans or a flashy top, you’ve just put a modern spin on it, as I was saying timeless.

boots-Sold Out
Boots  

Outfit Verdict
The bag is indeed at that price a total lust of mine. A backpack for me brings any outfit together, or maybe I’m a tortoise and like a mini hump shell on my back? Any way it is logical, I’m forever forgetting to pick up my handbags and I’ve never lost a backpack & do you ever see a tortoise without its shell?

As for the rest of the outfit, I’ve opted to put the stripes on top just because I’m personally more comfortable with my top half (This was not at all the contributing factor: I was told I have BeyoncĂ© thighs, followed by an awaked silence, I’ve gathered that wasn’t a complement) and as we’ve all be told by our mothers ‘Horizontal stripes are not your friends’

Since the top is cropped I felt the need to go a little high Waisted, which I’ve done with this beautiful skirt from river island. If you love to play with textures, but don’t quite feel like your super at it, then velvet is the way to go! I picked out a grey one because, black would have been slightly more boring…whilst still being on monochrome terms, it’s not so flat.

The boots will look perfect with statement socks, I love them and although they are sold out you can still pick them up on sights like eBay or Amazon & if you really wanted to go out Jeffery Campbell has a proper grunge version of them. I’ve taken the silver hardware on the boots and paired the outfit with the digital Silver Casio. If you don’t have a Casio you are missing out on a beauty, makes everything look so classic and chic. I’ve not paired it with anything else as I feel since each item is unique on it’s own, I don’t want it to look like I was mimicking a chavster. But I did add some dark sunnies because it is summer after all!
hope you have a lovely day!                                                                                                                                                                         
 

1 comment:

  1. Love the top, you just can't go wrong with a simple black and white striped top! :)
    x Astrid | http://petitmocha.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment...