25.12.13

TAG| How I spend my Christmas

Christmas is my favourite holiday and celebration –you probably wouldn’t have guessed since I have only briefly mentioned it in one or two of my Sunday portraits, and I published wishlist ages ago, but for some reason it just doesn’t feel like Christmas. To get in the “Vibe” I thought I would share this “How I spend my Christmas” tag!

1. What are you usually up to on Christmas Eve?
In our house hold we celebrate Christmas the German way, even though we are not German –which means we open our gifts on Christmas Eve and to be totally honest “traditionally” that’s all we do. However this Christmas eve, I’m going to spend the morning and afternoon with a much loved friend of mine…she moved out of her mums a few months ago and I don’t want her to be alone for Christmas, then I shall come back home and go to mass.
2. Who do you spend your Christmas day with?
I have two Christmas dinners which means I spend my day with twice as much people I guess!  In the morning (12’oclockish) my mother and I usually go to her grannies house and have dinner there and then my dad come and picks us up whilst we have our second dinner there –So basically, my mums aunties, uncle and cousins and then my dads, mum and dad and maybe my auntie and her children –but they don’t come down every year!
3. Do you enjoy giving or receiving gifts?
Everyone likes getting gifts now don’t they, but I most enjoy giving gifts –it’s nice seeing someone so appreciative and happy, especially when it’s all over their face!
4. What does your outfit consist of on Christmas day?
I usually “try” and make an effort on Christmas day, but last year I’m pretty sure I went out with my baby grow on last Christmas! Boxing Day on the other hand is another matter…
5. Do you enjoy shopping for your loved ones gifts?
I hate choosing things for myself let alone anyone else, so that’s an outright no! But, I do love the fact that on the last Wednesday of late night shopping my mother and I go gift hunting! It sounds quite bad but, she actually buys a lot of her stuff online, because she hates town shopping!
6. Have you ever received a gift you disliked and pretended you liked it?
I don’t think I’ve ever got a present that I don’t like, and I’m actually being honest!
7. What would your ideal Christmas be?
One where I wake up with a mini in our car park with a Bichon frise in the back labelled “I’m yours” –is it too much to ask? I don’t even want the car…
8. What is your least favourite thing about Christmas?
That I don’t have a job, so I never have any money to buy people proper gifts! It sucks…
9. What is the best gift you ever received? 
I’ve had and have so many awesome gifts, I couldn’t possibly tell you! But, I love receiving socks, that’s really sad. Next question please…
10. If you could choose one person to spend Christmas with who would it be and why? (Other than family)
This one is probably going to be quite difficult, especially as my granny godbless (My mums granny) passed away quite recently as I mentioned in this Sunday Portrait. So, I hope that despite that everyone still has an okay Christmas.


I wish you a wonderful Christmas; even if you don’t celebrate it I hope you have a magical day!
Merry Christmas,
xxx 

1 comment:

  1. I hate not having a proper job too! :( I babysit here and there; sometimes I'm a nanny for different periods of time.. but I almost never have money during the holidays!
    Also, that's nice that you spent christmas with your friend! Merry Christmas to you both!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment...